Friday, November 20, 2015

(I tried telling a 7-11 clerk about Jesus today) GOOD REMINDER: "Relevant Bible Teaching - Evangelism"

I usually just leave pamphlets under windshield wipers,but every now & then I attempt to engage a person in dialogue to tell them about salvation. Today I was at a 7-11 in Cerritos to get some peanuts & after paying I handed the clerk (who looked mideastern,maybe muslim,or Sikh,or maybe nothing) a small tract that I carry w/ me as often as possible. He said "What is this?" Then realized it was religious in nature, and said "I don't read these things" and tried to hand it back. I didn't take it back. I said "I invite you to accept Jesus Christ as Savior" He kept trying to hand the paper back to me,and didn't respond,but was clearly not receptive.I tried to ask"what's your religion?" And he wouldn't respnd. So I left it at that. But that's how you start,even if you know it will be initial rejection. You can't take it personally. I will return some day (always to also purchase something) and he will know me as the "religious guy" and you never know what might happen. So keep cerritos 7-11 clerk #1 in our prayers!

THIS IS A GOOD LINK:
"
Sixth, he is armed with gospel tracts, gospels of John,
New Testaments, entire Bibles, or some combination
thereof. He may have some literature inviting people to
attend his church, but his primary agenda is to share the
gospel message. ( buy tracts , buy Bibles or portions of
Bibles )..."

http://www.relevantbibleteaching.com/site/cpage.asp?cpage_id=140002860&sec_id=140001239